This pattern was designed by my assistant Patrick in a stellar attempt to create a one-skein project for our bulky handspun yarn. It uses just under one 4oz skein, and knits up quickly on size 15 needles. It's a simple, straightforward knit that will fit a variety of head sizes (the ribbing is knit through the back loops so it stretches without stretching out). I have personally worn this hat nearly every day since it was created...it's cozy, squishy, and incredibly warm. Happy knitting!
CFC Handspun Toque
by Patrick Rush for Camellia Fiber Company
Tools and materials:
- Size 17, 16” circular needles
- One 4oz skein Bulky Handspun Wool
- Cast on 48 stitches using the long-tail cast on method. Join in round, being careful not to twist stitches, and place marker.
Body rounds (note: all knitted stitches are knit through the back loop (Ktbl) to create twisted knit stitches):
- (Ktbl2, P2) around until hat measures 9 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Round 1: (Ktbl2, P2tog) around
- Round 2: (Ktbl2, P1) around
- Round 3: (K2togtbl, P1) around
- Draw yarn through remaining stitches to close the top of the hat, and weave in ends on wrong side.
- Block lightly by spraying with water, shaping, and laying flat to dry.
©2015 Patrick Rush for Camellia Fiber Company. Pattern is for personal, non-commercial use only.